[Gpdd] gpdd (care) (boars)

Ellen Garrison guineamom88 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 03:02:35 EST 2012

I have been away from computers lately as much as possible, i am on the phone and computer at work all day and I have sort of a carpal tunnel issue in both thumbs and wrists plus I just get tired of it all.
nothing personal, of course. I took vitamin B complex and that has helped. So i wanted to chat gpdd up a bit.

My first piggie was a boar, Li'l Guy Antonio.  He was about 2 when i got him at the pet store. About 6 months later he started getting impactions. I never had to clean his penis or the 'slot' I just gave him lots of baths. probably on the average, once every one or two months. I would let him run around the room and he would rid himself of a lot of fecal matter which had built up. Later i would help him more with the impaction by just pressing it out and washing his bum. i think he was older than i originally had thought; he was about 6 when he crossed over the rainbow bridge to the garden of rainbow bridge where they wait for us.  i think just giving them a vitamin C supplement and lots of wet romaine and (dry) hay daily is helpful in all cases.
I have 3 boars now and two sows. When i give them a bath I just rinse off the penis under a small trickle of warm water. i sometimes put olive oil if there may be an adhesion. i do have to help impactions with Kaloey, who is about 4. He doesn't need this every day though.A good place to get piggy huts is Jen's Custom Crafts. in the US.
Aloha, Ellen