[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Otto the Very Vocal Guinea Pig

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 20:00:59 EST 2012

It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that Otto the Very Vocal
Guinea Pig has departed for the Rainbow Bridge.

He was, without a doubt, the oldest guinea pig we ever had. Since he was a
Rescue from the Humane Society, we don't know exactly how old he was, but we
know he was at least 10.

Several months ago he became seriously ill, and we rushed him to the vet.
She gave me Critical Care to feed him, which I did at home for some time.

After a short time on Critical Care, he became lively again and started
eating his food. He also loved baby carrots, celery, the leafy tops from long
carrots, lettuce, etc. He was a very demanding little guy, always begging and
"wheeping" whenever he heard us come in the door or enter the living room
(where he lived, right in the center of the action).

Yesterday he seemed okay, even eating treats and wheeping for more.

This morning when I came downstairs, he was lying peacefully on his side,
outside his Pigloo. He looked so peaceful. I stroked his back very gently,
and he was still warm. His eye was partly open.

He had a huge pigsonality all his very long life. R.I.P., little Otto.

Love and WHEEEEEEEEEPS,

Nancy & Alyssa (sadly missing Otto the Very Vocal Guinea Pig)