[Gpdd] SILLY: Eve & Callie have a chat; Part 1

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Fri Feb 24 16:08:17 EST 2012

I don't have my girls yet but am trying to imagine what they are thinking as their world is changing around them.  As I get to know their personalities once they are here, I hope to be able to write more stories like I used to for Sammy and Tabby.  Hope y'all enjoy this brief story.

It is very dark and very quiet, the moon is shining down..somewhere in PA..Rustle, rustle, skitter, skitter.whisper, whisper. We see a slight movement amongst the piggies.

Eve:  (Whispering) Psssst!  Hey, Callie!

Callie:  hmpf. mumble.mumble. ZZZZ

Eve:  (Nudge, nudge)   Callie, wake up!

Callie:  (big yawn)  What do you want?  Do you have any idea what time it is, Eve?

Eve:  No, I'm a pig.  I don't know how to tell time!

Callie:  Well, me either but that's beside the point.  It's the middle  of the night!

Eve:  I know, I know. I'm sorry but I can't sleep.

Callie:  Why?  What's wrong?

Eve:  (Glancing nervously around herself)  I heard that me and you is going to be moving to a new slave's house in a place called Georgia. Do you think we is gonna' like it there?

Callie:  Well, from what I here, we will have a really big cage all to ourselves with lots of toys and hay and stuff for just us!  Of course, I get first pick of the houses 'cause I am the oldest and especially 'cause I'm bigger than you!  Georgia is in the South, I think.  Nice and warm there.

Eve:  I heard that people in the South like to barbecue pigs.Brrrrrrrrr!

Callie:  Not guinea pigs, silly.  They eat regular pigs.  And not all of them do that!

Eve:  Oh, whew! (runs her paw cross her forehead, disturbing her rosette  She licks her toes and pats it back into place.)  How is we gonna' get there?  I hope we don't have to hitchhike OR RIDE SCOOTERS OR SOMETHING!  It WOULD MESS UP MY HAIR  (PAT, PAT).

Callie:  I think lots of slaves are going to try to help and give us rides to each other until we get all the way down to TN.  We might even get to ride in an airplane if all goes well!

Eve:  (Clapping her paws together and popcorning around in a circle.)  An airplane!  Oh Boy!

Callie:  *I'm* going to sit in first class 'cause . . .

Eve:    I know, I know. you're older and bigger. blah, blah, blah.  Besides, I'm gonna' sit up front with the pilot and help him fly the plane. (Makes loud plane noises and spreads her arms like wings).  *And* I'm gonna' wear  a  pair of shoes, too!

Callie:   A pair of shoes??  Whatever for??  Pigs don't wear shoes, and even if they did, you'd need 4 of them !

Eve:  You know.. A pair of shoes in case the plane crashes, we can jump out and float down!

Callie:  (Looking baffled for a moment.) Oh!  You mean a parachute!

Eve:  Yeah, that's what I said. a pair of shoes!