[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE Introducing the new Piggyfriends

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 11:25:22 EST 2012

I have put some pigtures of our new arrivals on our Photobucket page. Top
row.

http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/ww201/Piggyfriends/

You have already seen Sally and Susie on the rescue website but I have
added another pigture of them here. They are still in my quarantine cage as
they are very nervous and not ready to meet a crowd of noisy sows just yet.
They are happy to be picked up for a cuddle but might be a little shy when
it comes to sharing veggies with a confident herd. They are good eaters but
are not keen on cucumber!

They watched two pirate movies from various laps over the Christmas break
and should be ready for a virtual sail on the Pearl.

My new little boar is going to be called Bosworth. A small explanation of
his name.....As well as a love for guineas ( and other animals ),
horticulture and my native land, my other passion is medieval history, to
which end my birthday treat in October was a trip to the Bosworth
battlefield, where the final battle of the Wars of the Roses was fought in
1485.  I had a marvellous day waking around the battlefield and at the new
Visitor Centre - a far cry from the tea hut and a map which were there on
my previous visit several years ago. The archaeologists working there have
recently excavated a silver boar badge, which was the emblem of King
Richard and whose supporters wore these. Exact copies of this discovery are
available in the gift shop so I bought one as a memento of my day. It is
pinned to my favourite jacket along with another silver and diamante boar,
who has ruby eyes. My new little boy, with his silvery coat and ruby eyes,
seemed tailor made to be another Boar of Bosworth so here he is. He is too
flighty to sit still for a photo so there is one of him in his well gnawed
hay box and I have him on my lap ( ready to grab him if he takes off ) in
another.

There are also a couple of pigtures of my new model piggy, who looks so
much like my Bramley. In one pigture, he is visiting Peony and Petunia. I
don't know how realistic he appears to the piggies, but Petunia "brrrd" at
him!

Penny and the Piggyfriends.