[Gpdd] Announcement-New additions

Anneli Cochrane arcochrane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:19:18 EST 2012

Janna,
My advice is to give your long haired boys a bath (or at least wash them
off on their rump area) and then cut the matting off. Trim the area up
enough so they can go the bathroom without getting their fur in it. Also,
my vet told me with boars (especially long-haired ones) you have have to
keep the scrotum area free of debris so it doesn't compact. About once a
month I use my fingers to open the area and wipe out any compacted bedding,
feces or fur. She said this is more of a problem with long-haired boars
because they have more difficulty cleaning themselves.
Anneli