[Gpdd] MISC- new foster piggie

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 16 20:59:22 EST 2012

We have a new foster. We got her last Tues. I would have written earlier but our computer is not working right again. (On an off-topic if there is anyone out there who is good with computers I could really use some help).
Her name is Melissa but we call her Mel. She has had a very hard time of it. Someone left her in the lobby of the H.L. over the night & she had an open, bleeding wound to her abdomen. Someone found her the next morning & she had to have surgery right away to put sutures in & was on several medications. That wound has healed up nicely. Her hair is starting to grow back now. She had a wound on her back too, but that scabbed up & the scab fell off the other day. That looks well now too. Something also ripped most off her ear flaps off. All that is left is some stubs. They are all crusty with some white flakes coming off so I'm sure she has a skin infection now. Also she is very underweight. Any suggestions? The foster co-ordinator is supposed to talk to the H.L. vet but I don't have much confidence in him. She is a sweet girl & has her own blankie that she snuggles with & sleeps under. They gave it to her after surgery & it seems to provide her with some
 much needed security. I just want to help her get better. She deserves so much better then the life she's had so far. Pics to come if my computer allows. Thanks!

~Jaime, Mimi & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty