[Gpdd] GPDD (HEALTH) (A miraculous recovery?)

Ellen M. Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:44:11 EST 2012

Wow.
All I can say is something is going on, life works in strange ways, and I
have no idea other than this is a miracle.
i have cancelled the appt. with the vet for euthanasia re: Li'l Red Saphire
because---when I came home Tues. night from my job, she was all running
around and begging for food. She was no longer drooling profusely, had been
eating pellets, didnt want critical care, didnt want water, she wanted
banana. she ate a lot of bites of that. then she ate cucumber, a lot of
bites. then she did want me to syringe her crit. care, then syringe water.
then she ate a bunch of organic rolled oats.  When I weighed her, she
weighed a little over a pound. Still very tiny, but she is still wanting to
eat. I have read somewhere that only the most debilitated pigs will decline
food. She wants to eat. She ate some celery, kale, and tomato. Not a lot,
but hopeful. She knew where the water siper tube is in the pen. And she
picked at hay and ate more oats, which I put in the food bowl as a topper.
She then fell asleep near her sister, Merary. So I felt this was not the
time for any vet visits. particularly not for euthanasia. She is enjoying
her noms, and she wants to live.
I had given her a bath on Tuesday morning in Aveeno oatmeal bath for
babies, to soothe her skin. I dried her with a blowdryer on low. Then I put
her near an air sanitizer that is heat activated and kills fungus.  I also
put her mom and sister, her cagemates, near that, for a couple seconds, as
well.
Again I dont know except---I had prayed directly to the patron saint of
animals--St. Francis of Assisi--to help us, a few days ago.
Li'l Red was just now lying on her side on my chest.  I put her that way,
but I want to see if there's some reason she wont lie on  her side by
herself. I am slouched in th sofa at a 45 degree angle, so she wasnt really
forced and I would never do that, anyway. Is there some reason for this
upright sitting? I'm going to give her simethicone (Little Tummies) for air
bubbles.
thanks for being  there.
Ellen