[Gpdd] VIRTUAL: Send off for Beans 26/1/12

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:49:51 EST 2012

Pandora Piggyfriend here.

We are all so excited about another voyage on the Black Pearl but we do so
wish that it were not for such a sad occasion. However, we all want to
honour our dear shipmate Beans and we will be along in force. We have some
new piggies here who were not lucky enough to meet Beans in pigson but they
would all like to come along.

We watched a programme about the Great Barrier Reef on the television with
Slave the other day and it looks such a beautiful place. The narrator said
that it could be seen from the moon just as Auntie Glynis posted.

I would, as usual, like to offer my services as Nurse Pig and Florence
would like to be my assistant.

Many of us are Secret Agents but we can't say who as then it would not be
very secret would it? So those of us who have that honour, will be there to
sort out any problems that might occur but we shall do it very secretly.

Garnet and his girls, who live next door to me and my friends, are
practising sea shanties as they like the idea of being musicians. I would
not call that noise music but they have a few days in which to improve.
Dandelion has "borrowed" Slave's ocarina so she will be able to drown out
the sounds of the singing. Slave has lots of old sheet music but if we
can't read it then we can always eat it. Little Bosworth Boar is very noisy
and he wants to join in the singing too.

We have been watching the news about the wreck of the Italian cruise ship
in the Mediterranean and some of the new piggies are a little unsure about
sailing but those of us who have sailed before have been able to reassure
them that the Pearl is invincible and the crew will not be as reckless as
that captain who sailed too close to a rocky island.

None of us have ever mastered pirate speak but we know that you experts
will not mind.

I am about to call PigAir to arrange our reservations and will see you,
Shipwreck Sam, Velvet, Onyx and Chips on the 26th. January and it will be
great to catch up with AR again. We have photos of him in a rowing boat on
our lily pond.

We have looked at the website for Lizard island. What beautiful beaches!
And snorkelling too. Otto loves the water and wants to try this out.

See you all soon.

Pandora, spokespig for the Piggyfriends.