[Gpdd] MISC.: Tabitha & Lynn are back.

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Thu Jan 19 16:49:47 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

Well, it's been quite a while since I  had to leave the list but as some of you will remember, I had a lot going on at that time.  I have, since seeing you last, sadly lost my precious Samantha to cancer.  She did go peacefully as we had our vet help her to the rainbow bridge.  Now, it's just Tabby and I and I am afraid that Tabby has developed an issue which we are concerned with now.

I noticed that Tabitha's chin was staying damp and that she seemed to be dropping a good bit of weight.  So, I was worried that she may have a dental problem.  We took her to the vet and he showed me a large grape sized mass in her throat..  I can't believe I didn't feel it but when I rub her chin, I don't usually feel around her throat.  I won't make that mistake again!  At any rate, he said it is not attached like a tumor and she doesn't seem to mind when it is touched or presssed on.  So, we are hopeful that it is just an enlarged gland caused by some sort of infection in her body.  She did have a bit of conjunctivitis in her eye so he put her on some banana flavored antibiotics and wants to see, if in 2 weeks, that helps with the size of the lump.  If it doesn't, we will pursue other avenues at that time.  She is going on 5 now so we may be limited on what will be quality vs. quantity of life for her.  I am so worried and haven't really gotten over losing Sammy last summer and not ready to deal with this yet.

For those reasons, Tabitha won't be joining the latest virtual cruise on the Black Pearl.  She must stay home and get lots of rest and take her medicine (which, by the way, she hates!  She doesn't like bananas in the first place, much less with medicine in it.  Yucky to her!)  So, it is nice to be back and I will update y'all as I hear more from the vet and if I feel any differences in her throat.  Please say some pigy prayers for her and I'd love to hear if anyone has dealt with swollen glands before like this and what the outcome was for you.

I'll be posting again soon...

Hugs and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Tabitha & our precious Samantha at the bridge and in our hearts