[Gpdd] CARE: Loss of weight

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sat Jan 21 13:29:19 EST 2012

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the lovely messages of support and welcome.  Penny, you described exactly  the thing that Tabby seems to have.  It did ease my mind somewhat.  She will be going back to the doctor this upcoming week and I will mention it to him then.  My more imperative concern is that she is dropping weight so rapidly.  Her little hip bones are sticking up.  She is eating very well and per the doctor's orders, I have cut out lettuce, celery and tomatoes for the time being in favor of more nutritional things like parsley, carrots, green beans and bell peppers.  She really does seem to be just sitting in her house most of the time when I go in there to visit her.  She is usually facing the wall or the corner.  I hold her a lot and she is very lethargic even then.  She is acting so much like Sammy did before she died that it scares me.  Sammy, though, ran a very high temp at the end an Tabby isn't doing that.  At least not as far as I can tell.  Do any of  y'all know if I can use one of those ear thermometers on a pig?  My husband's eyes are kind of weak and he has a hard time seeing a regular thrmometr.

I'm so worried about her and am dreading each morning going in becaue I am afraid of what I will find.  So, for now, I will just hold her, love her and spoil her as much as I can and hope and pray for the best.

Thanks again to all of you for your never ending support...

Hugs and whisker kisses,

A worried Lynn, a quiet Tabitha and our precious Samantha at the bridge and in our memories