[Gpdd] HEALTH: Tabby's update

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Mon Jan 23 15:26:44 EST 2012

Hi all,

Tabby is still hanging in there.  If it weren't for the weight loss, I would
not think she was sick.  She is eating like . . . well, like a pig.  She is
drinking water and when I go in and call to her, she comes waddling out of
her box to see what delicacies I have brought forth.  :)  She is still
staying in her box a lot but when I have reached in to get her, she is not
sitting like she was with her nose in the corner.  I have found her that way
a couple of times but not consistantly.  The base of her spine and her hip
bones are very prominent and it is obvious that she is extremely
underweight.

I did have a thought though.  With the lump she has on her throat, it is
right there where it would press in on her if she reached in her bowl to get
her pellets.  I have to wonder if she is just not eating her pellets because
it is uncomfortable for her to do so.  So, I tipped her bowl so that the
pellts are right on the edge where her throat won't touch the bowl.  I am
hoping that will help her get more of the nutrition from the pellets.  She
eats all her veggies with no problem.  She still seems very lethargic but
that seems reasonable to me as she would be weak from the weight loss, I
suppose.  She is starting to fight taking the antibiotics so at least she is
showing some gumption!

I hope you all enjoy the trip on the Black Pearl.  Mimi, you sound like a
very scary pirate to me!  Watch out with that cutlass and cut a hole in your
eye patch so you can see with both eyes and not run into anything whilst you
are swaggering about, conquering other pirate ships.  :)

Take care all and I am going to call my vet here in a minute or two to see
if he wants to see Tabby today or if he wants to give the antibiotics a
litle more time to work before he rechecks her.

Hugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Tabitha and Samantha n our hearts and memories