[Gpdd] VIRTUAL The Piggyfriends have gone AWOL

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 17:33:56 EST 2012

I only went to the dentist for a check up and when I got home it was
strangely quiet here at Piggyfriends. All the pens are empty. They must be
off on another adventure. Those pigs get more holidays than I do. I wonder
where they have gone to this time. They've even taken baby Bosworth Boar. I
hope that one of my sensible girls will look after him.

What have they taken with them? Maybe I can guess where they have gone. The
first aid boxes have gone so I don't have to worry about anypig being ill.
Lengths of rope have been taken from the garage. Have I had burglars who
only stole rope? What could piggies want with rope? No doubt somepig will
write home and tell me. Aha. A confirmation email from PigAir on my laptop.
At least they have not taken that so they can keep in touch. What else? A
bill from PigTaxis on my desk with a note attached. "Please pay this asap."
I usually take them to the airport when they are off on an adventure so
this one must have been arranged in a hurry.

I see that my unopened box of chocolates has been taken too. The piggies do
not eat chocolate so maybe they need a present for someone. Oh! The
marshmallows are missing too. Curiouser and curiouser as someone once said.
And where is my ocarina? And several boxes of tealights and a new packet of
printer paper. Whatever next?.

Not only the piggies! Merlin, the cockatiel, is missing too. There is a
pair of pliers on the table and the clip that holds his cage door closed is
bent out of shape and a bunch of millet is missing. The other cockatiels,
all rescued ones who cannot fly, call out "Don't worry, don't worry" in
unison.

Even the family of fancy mice girls have gone from their tank along with
their slightly gnawed-around-the-edges pin-up picture of Algernon Rat. I
hope that the Piggyfriends will look after them too. They are really too
small to be out in the world on their own.

I can only wait for a message. Has anyone else's piggy run off again? I
expect Spooky and Hector are involved in this and probably Shipwreck
Sam.The Misfits too no doubt. Maybe they have all gone to Oz again.They do
enjoy the lovely weather out there.

Oh well.They'll return when they are good and ready and I hope they
remember to bring me some duty free from the airport.

It looks as though I am going to eat a lot of salad in the meantime.

Penny minus the Piggyfriends.