[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mel our foster piggie

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 28 00:09:36 EST 2012

Hi all. I have some concerns about our foster piggie Mel. First off I should start by saying her fungal cultures all came back negative. The vet at the H.L. gave me a Lyme Sulfur liquid to apply to her crusty ears. I think it's a weird treatment & only did it twice cause now I'm worried she is pregnant. Get to that in a minute. Anyway, would an over-the-counter anti-fungal cream like clotrimazole do any good? I never really got an actual diagnosis on what is wrong with her ears. If you remember when she first was left at the H.L. something had ripped most of her ear flaps off. What's left is crusted. The vet seems to think she could have a fungal infection even though nothing turned up. I don't know how much I trust this vet. The sulfur treatment seems somewhat archaic to me. So now the past 3-4 nights I feel something moving in her belly on the sides. Her belly looks rounder to me too. I don't know if she could have gas or something that I'm feeling or
 if my instincts are right & I'm feeling babies in there. The only thing is though that when I took her to the vet on the 19th she had a whitish discharge coming out her vagina & the vet said that meant she was in heat. Now tonight I saw it again. So she can't be in heat & pregnant at the same time can she? I'm so confused & worried about her. Can anyone give me any answers to help our little foster piggie? She's had such a rough life. The last thing she needs is to be pregnant. Thanks in advance. Hugs...

~Jaime, Mimi & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty