[Gpdd] [CARE] Re: PetSmart stores selling small animals

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 22:28:35 EST 2012

PetSmart sells only females, that seem strange to me?  One, because if even
one mistake is made an entire cage ends up pg. Two.  What happens to the
males?  are they destroyed or sent to labs at the breeder level?  What
happens to boss sows who keep order by mounting?   Actually any sow can do
that periodically, are they thought to be male and disposed of or hopefully
housed separately.   I could see pet mills keeping females for breeders but
whence goes all our lovely boars?  It seems to me the safest thing is to is
to train employees very well, if employees aren't trained to easily discern
sexes mistakes can happen, and I wonder what happens to the mistakes?   I
hate to sound so negative, but I just don’t like the sound of this.
I cant get to a PetSmart or I would look into it, I would think an in-person
visit would yield better answers than a phone call.