[Gpdd] HEALTH: Teddy

Anneli Cochrane arcochrane at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 20:35:42 EDT 2012

Hello all,
Tedmund (Teddy) isn't feeling well. Good news is, he is eating and drinking
(although I don't think about much as normal). However, he is having what I
would describe as 'cramping'. Because of this, he has been staying holed up
in his pigloo, to the point that he lays in his own pee and poo and I have
to wash him. This is abnormal for him because he is normally a clean pig.
He will be acting normal and all of a sudden he will stop, his hind end
will slightly lift up like he is pushing and he will squeak like it hurts.
When I have observed this, it seems he pushes out poo (which is normal
looking), but maybe it's urine that's the problem? I have checked his boar
parts and everything is clean and not impacted. He was only a year old in
March and I am so upset by this and don't know what to do. I tried to give
him some pedialyte and water and critter care, but since he is eating, he
really fights me on that and doesn't want it. I don't want to have to go to
the vet because I don't think she is that great, and is an hour and a half
drive away, and costs lots of $. However, I will go if I have to, I don't
want to lose my precious boy. Does this sound familiar to anyone?