[Gpdd] HEALTH: Teddy and cramping

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 15 00:03:29 EDT 2012

Anneli, in my experience, what Teddy has sounds like gas. It's my
understanding that herbivores will often have a little gas (even if they
have no symptoms), due to their diet high in green veggies. It's not
really gas in the way we might think of it in humans, but basically it
makes their tummies hurt and cramp. I had this happen with Ethan several
months ago (he is now two), and the vet found a bit of gas on his
X-rays, but not enough to be alarmed about. I was worried about
something like bladder stones or a UTI, but it was neither, fortunately.

I give Ethan gentle tummy rubs, and that helps break up the gas. If you
have any kind of vibrating pad, that can help, too, but a gentle tummy
rub a few times a day can work wonders.

You also might adjust his green veggies and give him a bit fewer, if you
think it is indeed gas.

Hope this helps.  (Perhaps a GPDD person near you might have ideas about
another vet you might try, too.  I know it can be difficult to find a
good gp vet.)

Best wishes to Teddy, and do keep us posted.

Cindy and Ethan