[Gpdd] Misc: Aphrodite has a voice!

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 22 23:08:45 EDT 2012

hello fellow digest friends,
I just have a cute story to share about our Big girl Aphrodite.
Tonite when we were doing veggie plates it was Aphrodite's turn to be the pig of
the day. Its a game my husband and I play when preparing veggie plates. What he
does as I get the 14 plates out, is he picks a pig and puts a little towel over
the pig as he carries the  pig into kitchen and when he sits down on the kitchen
chair he shows me a small part of the pig maybe a leg? or a bum and I have to
guess who it is. Then as   I cut the veggies and place on the plates Andy
holds the  piggie and that piggie gets a piece of whatever I am cutting as I cut
veggies up. Well tonight it was Aphrodite's turn and she came to be a misfit Jan
11 of this year. She was the one that had the horrible open wound that had puss
in it that needed to be operated on to clean it out and close it up. Well she
has never said a word since she has been here. Not a peep or a squeak nothing at
all.
As some of you know we adopted a one year old husky and he is a bit rowdy with
his squeak toys and he came in the kitchen and started to squeak his toy. Well
to our shock and surprise Aphrodite started doing the cute little purrrr sound
when she heard the toy squeak. At first we thought she was doing it when we pet
her near her end side. but nope that wasn't it. When the dog squeak the toy she
would purrrr . It was the cutest thing ever.  SO we are so happy that she does
have a voice. And we loved hearing her little happy purrrr.

Just had to share this cute story. As she made us laugh so hard to discover it
took a squeaky toy to make her talk!
Have a great day,
Jean & Andy