[Gpdd] HEALTH: Velvet - update and help needed!

ME me at buddies.org
Mon Jul 30 00:00:32 EDT 2012

I'm sorry to hear about the cancer.  Hopefully it hasn't metastasized.  As for the aggressive behavior.  It can explain the weight loss.  I would monitor it and the aggressive behavior.  If either last more than a week, I'd start worrying.  Also, I've made it a point to stop mounting/chasing behavior from the first time they do it.  Since we have an understanding, usually all it takes is me telling the offending one to "Stop, or I'll come over there."  If she doesn't, I get up and put my face in front of her and say, "Stop."  I stay there until she backs off (looking innocent, often acting like she's been doing something else the whole time).  On the very few occasions this doesn't work (usually with a "teenager" who just has too much energy), I press down firmly (but gently) on their back side (like I'm a pig mounting her) and keep my hand there until she complies to my dominance ... and sometimes, if the pig really doesn't seem to have control over herself, I pick her up and try to distract her.  I rarely need to do this step more than 2-3 times in the pig's lifetime before she responds to one of the first two steps.