[Gpdd] HEALTH: Velvet - update and help needed!

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 04:53:51 EDT 2012

Dear Glynis,   I am devasted to hear your baby has cancer.  The only thing I
can do besides trying to buoy your spirit right now is to look at the
behaviour issue.

They used to get along fine but now they don't, and both are losing weight.
This is confusing.

They shouldn't both be losing weight, they are sisters right? They shared
their infirmities so far.  Maybe you better have Onyx checked out too I am
sad to say, maybe it's just a cyst as Penny mentions and I would try the
behavior modification that "ME" offers.

The girls have had their relationship worked out their whole lives. So
subtle we can't tell.  Now with Velvet ill,  things change and their
relationship has to be worked out again esp. if Velvet was the slightly
dominate one, now Onyx has her chance, it's not malicious, just natural,  or
a cyst???

The other thing I would consider is pain control. If one or both is in pain
it reflects in their appetite. Start them on alfalfa, it's a little more
caloric because of increased protein. Because of their diabetes be careful
about what any extra supplements have, avoid sugary sweet veggies and
fruits.  Last, Have a serious discussion about pain relief with the vet.

Much love, and healing cheeks,  sandy Sammy and AR