[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Friday

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 22 14:08:08 EDT 2012

It is with much sadness that I must announce that we had to help our
sweet Friday to the Bridge last week, June 12.  He had suddenly stopped
eating (after jumping on his shelf for food and eating well the day
before), and nothing we or our vet did seemed to help.  We kept up hope
and syringe fed him for almost a week, then realized he was ready to
travel to the other side.  He never put his face in the corner, but
would stay wherever we placed him after he ate.  We returned to our vet
for an assessment, hoping there might be something else we could do, but
there wasn't.

Friday had just turned 6 1/2 years old two weeks before.  He came from
our vet in December 2005.  He turns out to be the piggie we had the
longest.  I had not thought of that until he had to leave.  It is so
strange without him, though sometimes I think I see him resting in what
I called his "think tank."

Friday was a sweet but assertive guy, a copper and black Aby.  He loved
his Tumbleweed (RIP) and later, his Ethan.  One day not so long ago,
they were on separate sides of the cage, and Friday ran over and said
something to Ethan, then Ethan came and joined him.  I guess Friday told
Ethan he was missing him.  He was also a bell ringer (though not very
much this year) and would ring for service.  Occasionally, if he felt I
hadn't gotten him out at the proper time for floortime, he would ring
for that, too.

At our old house, Friday sometimes used to dash down the hall and run
under our bed.  He knew, "No," though.  One day he tried to sneak that
way, and I saw him and said, "No, no."  His back was to me, but I saw
his shoulders kind of droop ("Darn, she caught me"), and he turned and
ran back into the kitchen.

He was most honored to be a Secret Agent, Agent Incognito, and did his
best to help make the world a better place.

Friday was also most honored to be married to the beautiful Onyx,
daughter of Glynis, last summer, July 30.  He was very pleased that so
many piggie friends and others were able to attend the ceremonies.  He
had so hoped to celebrate their first anniversary together, again with
all their friends.

His passing was peaceful, with his family, including Ethan, at his
side.  He is also survived by wifepig Onyx, sister-in-law Velvet, and
mother-in-law Glynis.

Friday, I will miss your deep black eyes that looked at me with such
understanding, your soft coat that looked silky even on the day you
passed away, the thump of your feet as you landed on your shelf, the
jaunty ring of your bell, and so many other special things about you.
We will love you always.

Sadly,
Cindy and Ethan