[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Eye ointment

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Thu Mar 8 10:45:36 EST 2012

Chloramphenicol 1.0% veterinary eye ointment is recommended by the
British Association of Rodentologists as the first choice of antibiotic
for eye infections. Many farm and feed stores sell Terramycin eye
ointment in a yellow box. Eye drops are contraindicated because they
flood the eye and thus drain off through the tear duct. Ointment should
be placed inside the lower eyelid 3 times a day for 5 days. I am not a
vet but I volunteer as a cavy health advisor for Dr. Frank Bonsack DVM
of the Adventure Animal Hospital in Tampa Florida.
http://adventureanimalhospital.com/

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.