[Gpdd] Virtual) Fair Winds and Following Seas, Chapter 12, The Speech and the boats start

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Mar 9 12:18:22 EST 2012

Once again AR! Ahem….  Any way Frins... This be the time of year when we gather with our famblies to honor that really fine Slave named Peter Gurney who went to da bridge so sadly. He loved piggies and he wrote books bout piggies and he was so terrificus that dis lovely slave named Audrey decided ebery year for us all to light candles at da same time where eber whee live all round da world for Peter. What a great idea! Don’t you tink!!  (To clapping and cheering) And since more piggies and people keep go bridging whee now honor dem here an den whee will run home on PigAir an celebrate with our parent slaves, Whee light up the world with the LOVE whee still hold for our bridge frins and Mr. Peter G.  (More cheers)  So without further ado whee will all launch da boats whee made and scribed with names by our own paws. Da New Orleans Jazz Band will play (whistles heard)  Den whee all hold paws around da ship and watch da little boats sail away in a beautiful armada of light and love.

Den Whee have an after party but be sure to board your balloon in time to be home, lookin all innocent for your slave and help them to light  der candles and have a wonderful time with all the rememberies. (Huge cheers)  Whee have a skeleton crew remaining till you can slip back for us to see da Lizard island and whee have some business at Cairns, den whee sail home and sum of you can go Pig Air. So bring back filled up egg cards for Cairns and kiss your slaves and da piggies what didn’t come home.  He adjusted his bow tie one last time, bowed to Amelia Mouse, the crowd, and then hollered “Dismissed!”

So Velvet escorted by Onyx, Friday, Chips, and Pixel lead the parade of piggies around da Pearl an down da stairs to launch the boats by the gun ports. Each port had a lit torch to light the candles. The zodiacs launched with their own li’l boats and some secret stuff for later.

Velvet, Chips and Pixel, Onyx and Friday going first for their time zone as the time was close.  Starting with Velvet and Chips each boat was passed from paw to paw and admired, kissed, and passed on as they took turns releasing each into the blessedly calm waters. The first boat was for Peter Gurney and it had little ink paw prints pressed all over it. Second was dear Beans boat with little swords drawn all over, next was for Glynis’ frin Nancy, it was a white boat with everyone’s signature on it. Next was for Tommy the budgie with a feather penned in, next came a multicolored boat that said “My Son Joey” for our frin Juwles. Then, to many cheers, came a blue boat with exactly 10 paw prints, inscribed with “Otto, The Very Vocal Guinea Pig”  Then Whoopy Lily and Daisy came forward and launched a pink boat the said simply Dunya with little flourishes, and another, very tenderly slipped into the sea that said Chico three times over. And the parade continues next chapter.