[Gpdd] re GPDD (Misc) (Hello)

Ellen Garrison guineamom88 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 09:13:35 EDT 2012

So sorry I have not been up on the digest but for all of you, every one of you and pigs, too, have been in my thoughts.
Not nearby a match nor a candle on March 9th, since I had "escaped" pig slavery (tongue-in-cheek) for 4 nights. A friend--another animal person--came in each day and made sure all 5 piggies and the bun and chin had hay, food, fresh water, and all but the chin fresh vegies. Poor chin can't have those, yet he doesn't like them, anyway. Instead he got rolled oats.
I took off with my family to So.California and while my son and his family went to Disneyland, I hung out in Newport Beach and visited with my brother and sis-in-law. I work for a Marriott; if they have associate rates available we get a good deal on rooms. We were in Newport Coast Villas, lovely. I especially enjoyed the black crows, feeding them bread crumbs on the patio. I just rested, lounged, did some exercising, and was with the family. I had not been out of Hawaii for 3 years, so it was nice to break the monotony. I visualized lighting a candle for Peter Gurney on March 9th, and did light one a week later when I finally got some matches.

Once home, the bun and piggies were ok, but Fugly the chin had started chewing his fur, probably from stress and boredom. I have since learned how to hang out with him inside the bun's pen which is powder coated wire and folds up, big enough for me and chin and toys, then i get out put his dust bath in and clean his cage; we just use newspaper and a bit of carefresh so it is pretty easy. I also learned that chinchillas like to watch TV. Oh wow. It is so silly that even some of the really hooked-to-their-shows chins will get up and use the bathroom or have a snack during commercial break. The chinchilla rescues leave a soft toned TV with like soap opera stuff on for the chins to watch, and if it is in a different language the ears perk up, OMG. As for the bun and piggies, they love music and just fall asleep. i have no TV but now I will have to get one. It is supposed to be really good for chinchillas who chew fur.
Trying to catch up on the digest. Aloha,
Ellen