[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: A biting piggy

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Tue Mar 27 18:00:46 EDT 2012

Hi y'all,
I'm hoping this is just due from stress and being in a new environment, but Callie is looking like she is going to be a biter.  Both of Eve and me.  When I am holding them together on my chest, all Eve has to do is move one whisker and Callie hauls off and whacks her a good one.  Today, I was  trying to separate them from doing this bickering on my chest and Callie lit into me.... hard!  I mean, she bit down and didn't let go!  I have always had piggies nip and let go but this one drew blood.  She wasn't going to let go and I had to actually push her away from my finger to make her let go of it.  What is the advice as to how to handle this behavior?  Or, should I just assume this is stress behavior?

Thanks for any advice.
I y'all,