[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] A biting piggy

Janna Willard janna.willard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:11:48 EDT 2012

Hi Lynn!

I remembered that some people had been talking about biting piggies on
GuineaLynx lately, so I found the info recommended on the main site. Here
are the two web sites Lynx recommends:

CavySpirit: http://www.cavyspirit.com/biting.htm

Jack Pine Guinea Pig Rescue: http://www.jpgpr.com/jpgpr1201.html

It looks like it may just be that she's young and it might go away as she
gets older. There's lots of advice, and you'll have to see what will work
for you and the piggies. The biggest thing I see is that you definitely
should not punish or discipline a piggy for biting. This makes sense to me,
because if larger animals like dogs and cats have trouble understanding
aversives, how much luck is a little piggy going to have with it?!?

I hope this helps, and I hope you can find some good tips that will help
Callie learn how to be the wonderful sister pig to Eve that I know she can
be!

-Janna

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal." Albert Camus
"I want to remake the world; anything less is not worth the trouble." Karen
Cushman