[Gpdd] MIsc: question on bedding

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Tue May 15 19:05:38 EDT 2012

Well actually pine and any wood oils are bad too. I use a generic version of
Yesterday's News, recycled paper made into wads or blobs on top of
newspaper. I don't have the option of towels or fleece as I don't have my
own washer/ dryer.  Sammy loves cage changing time since I stopped taking
him out of the cage. He runs to one end then the other on cue but his
favorite is when I pour in the bedding, I try to put in a whole lot at once,
he takes a running jump and lands smack in the middle of the pile and then
starts kicking it and nosing it into place around the cage. Woe be unto me
if I straighten it all, that's his job, I finish off after a few minutes fun
with a pile of hat in the corner and he dives in.  Then he retires to his
pigloo and he shows it who's the boss boar by flicking it with his shoulder
as he enters.  Very much the boar. After wards there's the nap with a grin
on his face and the most carefree sprawl. That cage has met its master.

Sammy doesn't foul his pigloo so why not try putting fleece down inside it
and try the paper outside around it. Also hay can be part of the bedding mix
to, I just pole the hay for eating stacked in the corner, or you could use
tubes or hayracks to keep the eating hay clean.
Best regards  Sandy and Sammy with AR