[Gpdd] FW: [Announcement]: Pigs who need a new home

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Tue May 22 02:49:48 EDT 2012

resent

Great rescue.  Just off the top of my head tilt, sickly underweight, long
term, all are indicative of a severe parasite infection, in buns those
symptoms would indicate e. cuniculi. That's one of the worst and its very
contagious. So Please keep him quarantined and everything to do with him
quarantined. Its considered rare in pigs but common in buns, often though
especially where buns and pigs are housed near or with each other you do see
e. cuniculi in piggies. Wry neck is not otherwise common in piggies but is
seen.  Look it up on the Lair of the Hare  website of my fave Dana Krempels,
PhD, Univ. of Miami http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/rabbithealth.html  go down
to Disorders of the Head and Ears then head tilt or torticollis.  You will
need persistent hi level vet intervention including specific anti parasitic,
antibiotic and NSAIDS, all three!!!!  I hope this is not it.  Worry about
the piggy next to him too. Cross contamination is very easy and they may
have lived together before. There is no definitive test.
Good luck little agouti pig!  Sandy

Ps I saw the craigslist pic of the silver agouti. Cute but that piggie needs
rescuing not sold for $40.  Oregon anyone!  So far from Colorado!  Besides,
Sammy would have to interview him!