[Gpdd] SILLY: A fish story

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Tue May 29 20:49:32 EDT 2012

A Real Fish Story

Up in the mountains of Northeast Georgia, a camper sits nestled amongst the trees, bathed in a flood of moonlight.  The only sounds to be heard are the reep, reeping of the crickets and the ribbits of the large frogs that live alongside the lake.  Until . . .

Callie:  whispering loudly) Eve, come on, wake up!  We have things to do!

Eve:  What?  Go 'way I'm sleepy..

Callie:  Come on, come on.. I need your help.

Eve:  (Waking up fully now.)  What are us gonna' do, Callie?

Callie:  First, shhhhh keep your voice down.  We don't want to wake the mommy and daddy slaves up. Now, I need for you to come over here and help me get this cage door open.  You stand below it and I'll crawl up on your back and push on the top of it.

Eve:  Huh?!?  Do what to who??

Callie:  You heard me.  Now, come on over here and help me.  Then, I'll explain everything to you.

There follows much scrabbling and a few grunts and squeaks.  Finally  there is a "click" and the cage door falls open. Two little furry pigs scurry out of the cage, along the bed that it sits upon and down the seat backs, leap onto the table leg and slide down to the floor.   "Wheeeee!"

Callie:  Now, just follow me and do exactly what I tell you to do.  First, follow me to the door, then we will slide through the crack in the window. After that, we are going to slide down the outside of the door onto the top step.  After that, just stay right behind me and stay in the shadows  so nothing can eat us!

Eve:  Gulp!   Her whiskers tremble with excitement; or is it fear?