[Gpdd] SILLY: A Fish Story; Part 2

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Tue May 29 20:51:04 EDT 2012

Both girls scurry quickly across the floor and help one another up to the opening in the door window and slide gracefully down the door onto the step.  Well, maybe not so gracefully . . . "Thump. thump!"  Two [pigs smack their rumps soundly onto the top step of the camper.   They begin running, Callie in the lead but they stay hidden in the dark shadows.  As they run by the campfire site, Callie grabs a folded up piece of newspaper that the slaves use to start fires.  Suddenly, she is sliding down a grassy embankment, followed closely by Eve.

Eve:  W-h-e-e-e-e-e-k!  She bumps into Callie's back end and comes to an abrupt stop.  They have landed just short of the lake's edge.  Callie is busy folding up the newspaper INTO AN ODD BUT FAMILIAR SHAPE.

Eve:  What is you makin', Callie?

Callie:  You'll see. . . Tah-Dah!  With a wave of her paws, she proudly displays her project.  A boat!

Eve:  What is that for, Callie?  She walks all around it, inspecting it from every angle.

Callie:  We're going fishing!  Just like Daddy slave!

Eve:  Ooh!  I'm tellin'!  Besides, us don't got no fishin' poles.

Callie:  You're such a scaredy pig, Eve.  Come on, I made us some poles to fish with.  She hands Eve a twig with  a long piece of string and a safety pin attached to it.  Eve is looking quite doubtful at this point and stares back longingly over her shoulder at the camper, where her nice warm bed and pellets await her.

Callie:  Come on, Eve.  Jump in.  I'm going to push the boat out onto the water and then I'll jump in with you.

Eve:  But, but, but.   Callie!  Callie pushes Eve Into the boat, hearing squeaking and wheeking protests all the way.  Then, she slowly pushes the boat into the water.  She backs up about a foot, gets a running start and then leaps into the boat.    Splash!  The boat rocks precariously as Eve grasps both sides with her long nails.

Callie:  Now, we put our fishing pole lines in the water and wait to catch a big ole` fish, just like Daddy slave.

Eve:  Wait  a minute. something is missing.  Daddy uses something for bait, doesn't he?