[Gpdd] SILLY: A Fish Story; Part 3

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Tue May 29 20:53:59 EDT 2012

Callie:  Oh yeah.  I almost forgot!  She brings forth a small Styrofoam cup full of dirt and worms.  "I got these right after I snagged the newspaper." She explains.

Eve:  Ewwwwww, blech!  I'm not touchin' those icky things!  She grimaces and makes an awful face.

Callie, OK, OK, I'll bait your hook for you, you sissy pig!  She deftly places wiggly worms on each safety pin and the girls slowly lower them into the water.  The boat is rocking gently as the slight waves push it quietly along on the smooth surface.

Eve:  B-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r!

Callie:  What are you doing?

Eve:  I'm motorboating. giggle. Get it?  She is quite amused with herself but Callie just rolls her eyes and heaves a sigh.

Eve:  (Looking concerned)  I hope Mommy and Daddy slave don't get mad 'cause we went out without permission,

Callie:  (Totally nonchalant)  Nah, they'll never even know.  We'll be back in plenty of time before they wake up.

Eve:  I sure hope so!  I think . . . Suddenly, there is a huge jerk on her pole line!!  "Squeal!  CAAAAALLLLIIIIEEEEE!  eeeeeelp!"

Callie:  (Very excitedly)  u got one, you got one!  Hold on, Eve!  Wheeeeeeeeek!  Reel it in, hurry up!

Eve:  How???  There's no reel on this here twig!

Callie:  (Looking sheepish)  Oh, sorry,  Uhm, I forgot about that part.  Just hold oh tight!

Suddenly, the boat begins moving very fast across the water.  Eve is holding tight to her line as it pulls out, straight ahead of the boat.  The sounds of 2 pigs squealing and wheeking fills the night.  The boat goes around and around in circles, then zig zags back and forth all across the lake.  Swoosh, swoosh!  Callie covers her eyes with her paws!  A small wake of white tipped waves follows the boat as the fish, and thus, the pigs, make their way all over the lake.  A spray of lake  water flies back onto both girls from the prow of the boat, thoroughly drenching them both.  Then, just as the naughty pigs are ready to abandon ship and make a swim for it, the boat starts speeding toward the shore, right where they first boarded it.  Eve is holding tightly to her pole and has her eyes squeezed shut as well.  Her little rosette stands straight up on her head.