[Gpdd] Health...Update on Hemi's Lumps

tmwood1 at nycap.rr.com tmwood1 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Nov 1 21:50:33 EDT 2012

Hi all.  Thank you all so much for your responses to my dilemma with Hemi and his lumps.  I apologize for not sending an update sooner but I've had two deaths in my family in the past month...the second just last week so I've been a bit busy.

After making MANY calls and talking to many veterinarian offices, I found that vet after vet told me the same thing...they aren't "certified" as exotic pet vets but they "specialize" in them.  Apparently, that's the "norm" around here.  I live in MA but called vets in NY, too and was told the same thing.

After talking to many of the offices, I made an appointment with a vet for next Monday in the state of NY that has 20 years experience treating guinea pigs.  I've documented all of your suggestions and am bringing them with me to discuss with him.

I'll send another update after the appointment but I wanted you all to know that I appreciate each and every response I received!  You are such a knowledgable group...I can't thank you all enough for sharing that knowledge with me!  Hemi thanks you, too!  WHEEK WHEEK!!

Thanks again!
~Tina