[Gpdd] MISC: Home again and catching up

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sun Nov 4 13:43:56 EST 2012

Hi fellow piggy lovers family,

We are once again home and life is getting back to what passes for normal around here.  We got home a couple of days ago but I had a lot to do around here and wanted to catch up on the digest before posting.

First, thank you for all the kind messages of sympathy I received from many of you.  I want to now express my sympathy and well wishes for all of you in the path of Sandy who have had such a hard time and are still dealing with the aftermath.  Joann, I hope by now you have power and you and your piggies are warming up.  You, as well as all the other victims affected by this horrendous storm, are in my kprayers.

Carol, I thoroughly enjoyed following the adventures of the Halloween Party.  Callie and Eve were quite entranced and very upset with me that they did  not get to go.  I tried to explain to them that sometimes, other things happen that are more important than a piggy party but they weren't impressed with my explanation at all.  Sigh.  But, they are good girls and I am sure when they have had time to think it over, they will understand.  They will be Hallowrinas next yeear though and will attend the festivities then.

On a serious note, I have come to conclude that these 2 girls are not nearly as cuddly and affectionate as were Samantha and Tabitha.  I have to wonder if it is because they came from a herd and had little human interaction and therefore, don't have a lot of interest in being with me.  Both will tolerate being held but Eve especially, is very fidgety and nippy.  Neither wangts to cuddle under my chin at all.  Now, one day, I put my hand in the cage and one of them, not sure which one, was sitting there and actually let me stroke their back.  Most of the time though, when I go in there, they scatter to the pigloo and the castle and stay there.... unless I have food!  Then, they will come right to my hand and take it from me or the bowl, depending on what I do with it. But, if I reach out to touch one of them, they scatter again.  I'm pretty sure they aren't sscare of me, so I  don't get it and I guess my relationship with Sammy and Tabby spoiled me and maybe I am expecting too much.

Oh, BTW, happy belated birthday to Shakira.  It sounds like you had a lovely day.  I will get back to cleaning up the house now and will write again soon.  Take care, one and all.

Hugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie & Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts and memories