[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] My Gordon is Gone

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Tue Nov 6 17:03:07 EST 2012

I am so sorry  your Dear Gordon is gone, our Dear Gordon is gone. He was
always here, always. So it is also hard for us to hear of his new adventure.
We are a group and we offer you our virtual hugs and love as we all know how
awful it is to not have that little familiar rituals that go with having a
guinea pig. Imagine, going to a salad bar with Gordon. I can't imagine I
could get away with that with Sammy, he just doesn't have the manners to
keep quite at the table.

To look over at AR I imagine him and his adventures with Gordon, going to
DC! The beach!  I have never been there.  To think that a bit of Gordon's
history is here with me now is a bit amazing, really. I will tell him in a
bit. And sit with AR and Sammy and ask for as many stories as they will tell
and imagine many more and tell them back.

I didn't know he was from the MGPR, that's quite a fine pedigree regardless
of his start. We are so glad he found you, he must have withheld his charm
until you came along, and the rest is history!   I am sorry he won't be
there to assume his annual burden and joy to chronicle the lights of Peter
as they travel the globe.  I always sit back and imagine that event
happening.

I am sure there was a great horde of Gordon's friends, not the least Reece,
Roscoe, and Peter himself at the bridge.  I am sorry you will miss your
friend every day but joyful that you loved him so and that he loved you.
There is little better in  this life, even Gordon's very long life.  Goodbye
Gordon, you are well loved and well-remembered and I hope my tears are just
precious little dew drops in your new home of endless hay and forever
friends.
Forever Friends here,  Sandy, Shipwreck Sam, and Algernon Rat