[Gpdd] HEALTH

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 13:25:24 EST 2012

Please say a prayer for my little Peanut.  She has a bladder stone and is scheduled for surgery this Friday.  The vet said that they have seldom lost a pig doing this type of surgery but that once a pig gets stones the likelihood is that it will reoccur.  Sometimes within months.  The surgery is quite expensive so I am hoping that Peanut will take her time developing new stones.  The vet said that I should try to keep her off pellets.  Do any of you have any advice?  She actually doesn't eat many pellets.  My other two pigs that she lives with, Gus and Rusty are more pellet piggies than she is.  Peanut prefers hay and fresh veggies.  I'm taking her in on Friday morning and will pick her up after work.  I'll post and let you know how she is doing.
Grace, Peanut, Gus and Rusty (with Pork Chop, Oreo, Sugar and Babe at the Bridge)