[Gpdd] HEALTH-potassium citrate

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 11 20:51:45 EST 2012

Back when Albert had his stone the vet put him on potassium citrate. It either raises the acidity of the urine or lowers it (I don't remember which) to help prevent more stones from forming. I also gave him shilintong & he did pass his stone but it was really big by then & tore his penis & he also had other kidney problems so he wasn't with us much longer after that. I'm sure someone else can tell you if the potassium citrate raises or lowers acidity. Sorry I can't remember. It's been like 9 years since I had Albert. That seems so hard to believe! I hope things turn out alright for you & your piggies.
~Jaime, Mimi & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty