[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Potassium citrate dosage

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 18 22:54:03 EST 2012

Cuddles and Brownie are both on potassium citrate now after their stone surgeries, so I can give you their dosage. Each pig is about 1200 grams, more or less, which might affect the dosage? Anyway, each receives 0.35 ml twice a day. The bottle says, "L-POTASSIUM CITRATE 100mg/ml". It can be flavored, and for whatever reason, Steve and the vet decided to try ordering it in banana flavor. Brownie thinks any syringes are not to be encouraged but he will take it and swallow it instead of doing the don't-want-dribble (one of his signature moves!). Cuddles grabs the syringe and tries to take it away to his pigloo. He has yet to figure out that he needs a human to push the plunger for him. I guess he likes it. :-)

-ginger