[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] Appreciation for your Sympathy

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 10:03:45 EST 2012

I just want to thank all of my GPDD friends for your kind words and support on the loss of our beloved Gordon.  Your outpouring love meant so much to me and I hope to be able to thank each of you that posted individually.  Until then, thank you for your kindness.  The people on this site are truly a family, even if we have never met in-person.  We have reached out to each other in good times and bad, and that connection has reached around the world.

I still have a hard time realizing that Gordon is not there to greet me when I get home.  Little things, like going to the grocery store and not buying all the fresh veggies for his salads, or getting up in the morning to make his breakfast salad before going to work.  It just seems odd.  I miss the nightly ritual of one-on-one "quality-time", that I needed as much as he did.  When I go to a restaurant, I automatically try to take the green garnish that came with the meal home for Gordon (he loved that treat).

A strange thing happened 2 days after Gordon died that I want to share.  I had lit some candles (little votives) in a candleholder that I had never used before (it just seemed like a fitting thing to do).  It held 12 candles, and I had a box of mostly red candles.  There were also 2 white candles in the box, and I just randomly put them in each of the holders.  Shortly after lighting all of the candles, one of the 2 white ones went out.  There was no draft and all of the other candles remained lit, until I blew them out later.  I left that one unlit.  It may be silly to say, but maybe Gordon was letting me know of his presence...

Anyway, I wish all of our U.S. friends a good Thanksgiving holiday.  Please give your piggie or other animal member of your family a kiss for me. and tell them how much you love them.

Audrey