[Gpdd] Health: Paralysis? Please everyone help

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 00:24:53 EST 2012

Oh dearest little Tundra!   He needs three things quickly plus a piggy vet/
rodentologist. Rush to get him his ivermectin and Panacur protocol a.s.a.p.,
as this can be a parasitic attack; second start him on a Vit C supplement
immediately 50 to 100 mg for the first few days given over the course of the
day. In addition, Penny recommends Osteo Bi flex I think. Penny please
advise   His early age concerns me. Has he been around rabbits or were there
any where he came from? The age makes me think of e. cuniculi or accident.
The Panacur must be given once a day for 4 days. See Ann's website for the
exact dosages http://www.piggyville.com/index.php?id=9

Also, be sure he is on a very clean surface so he does not soil himself and
feed him his food and water so he doesn't have to work hard to get it. Watch
his weight; sprinkle Critical Care on his wet romaine. I believe Penny has
recommended non stressful warm baths as therapy but we must also get the
disease

If he has parasites, he will also need .4ml children's ibuprofen twice a
day. In addition, the vet may recommend Baytril if he thinks its parasites,
esp. e. cuniculi.
Act quickly the Vit C tonight, Vit C food if not chewable and the ibuprofen.

Please remember I am not in any way a vet!!!! Also separate him from his
cage mates if any but keep him close by and scrub everything, and throw away
the vacuum bag after use. Please pardon my sense of urgency I truly believe
it is warranted. If you can't get the meds write back to all, the person
nearest you may have extra, also the ivermectin in injectable form is found
at hose heed stores, Panacur requires a prescription in most places. Also
there is no DEFINITIVE test for e. cuniculi.  I just think he is too young
for arthritis
Damn holidays when there are sick piggies!