[Gpdd] HEALTH: June's stones

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 3 13:27:07 EDT 2012

Penny and the Piggie Friends,

If the stones are in the sows bladder how does your vet ease them out?  My vet tried to ease out the two stones in June's urethra but they wouldn't budge.  He put her to sleep and opened her bladder to flush the stones out.  He finally got the ones in her urethra by breaking them up.

She is acting normally now.  Does not like the Baytril.  Clamps her mouth shut and tries to dodge the syringe.  Joe has to hold her while I force the med in.  I feel like such a meanie.  I will let you all know if I find out anything on piggies and stones.

I tried posting to the stones list but I guess it doesn't work anymore.

Dee with Momma Zoe and June