[Gpdd] Misc: found something intersting

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 4 18:45:51 EDT 2012

Hello everyone, as you know my mother in law passed and now we have the task of
going threw her things.
Well I found a older Amish cookbook in her cupboard and just looking threw if
I found a recipe in it that says "Kidney Stone Remedy".  Well I just had to look
at that. Well it uses 6 red beets and 3 quarts of water. What you do is Combine
the washed beets (do not peel or slice) with the 3 quarts of water in a kettle
and boil slowly so as not to boil the water away. After one hour you are to
strain the water into a jar and store in a cool place so the remedy won't sour.
Then drink 3 glasses a day until gone. Almost never is a second dose necessary.
The kidney stones dont pass they just melt away.!

Has anyone every  heard of this before? Right away I thought of our stone
piggies. Could this possible be something that could help them?  I wouldnt know
what the piggie dose would be compared to giving humans Three glasses until the
remedy is gone. Anyone who ever lost a pig due to stones knows the heart ache
all to well. And if this simple recipe could help?

Thoughts on this would be good.
thanks,
Jean (Remembering my sweet Yettie and Biff that I lost to those dreaded
stones.)

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even
touched-they must be felt with  the heart.( Helen Keller)