[Gpdd] HEALTH: SOOTY and his diarrhoea

juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Fri Oct 5 06:51:52 EDT 2012

Hello everyone - every friend and wonderful slave and beautiful friends, Firstly, I want to thank you so much foreading my message about Sooty's diarrhoea, because it was a big message. Now I want to thank you all for caring soooooooooooo much that you go to the trouble of writing such detailed and informative messages on how to help Sooty. There's a lot of information I need to absorb, so for the time being I'm continuing probiotics and a pinch of psyllium husk 3 times per day.  Believe it or not, this morning he had pellets in his house (they were pellets definitely, but still soft, as if always how he has been since I bought the little love. I've bought some Imodium, but I need to speak with the chemist because I'm a shocker of a mathematician, and can't work out how to divide the contents of the gel capsule into the dosage that Ann has suggested. I'll get the faecal swab and have it looked at for both coccidiosis or a yeast or fungal infection. I need to buy more worming liquid as the one I have is out of date.   So, I'll try to get Panacur (although the vet only sells in 1kg bottles, but I'll beg for something smaller).  I'll also get some ivomec. I'll continue to keep you wonderful people informed of Sooty's progress, and I hope I'll eventually be able to say "hey presto - he's diarrhoea free"!! If he continues to do sloppy poos, I  will just keep on with the probiotic and psyllium because doing sloppy poos must be so upsetting for the little darling, and also I wonder if he gets any crampy pain.   I will not be getting him put to sleep because he does sloppy poos.   I will just have to live with it, that's not the issue.   I just want my littlest & cuddliest and softest piggy to have comfort. Thanks again to you all,Julie, and especially Sooty!