[Gpdd] CARE: Ari's new baby piggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 07:35:07 EDT 2012

Well done, Ari, for rescuing those baby piggies. They must be so pleased to
have a safe forever home hence the popcorning. I expect by now that the
second babe has joined in.

Once they are weaned, at three weeks of age, baby piggies eat all the same
foods as adults, in fact they start nibbling adult foods from day one. So
your new little girls can have all the good things that your other two
enjoy.

When new piggies arrive at Piggyfriends, whatever age they are, unless I
know that they were fed correctly in their previous home, I introduce new
foods gradually so they can become accustomed to new experiences and don't
get upset tummies from too much too soon.. The first day they might get
some carrot slices, the next day I might add some cucumber, then celery the
next day and so on until the full menu is available to them. My herd has
fresh grass every day and if you give yours grass, the babes will enjoy
this.

Baby piggies learn about all the good things to eat from their mothers so
if your little ones have not had the best start in life they may not know
about all the yummy veggies that are in store. Once they have been
quarantined ( absolutely essential ) they may learn from watching your
older piggies.

Welcome little babes.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.