[Gpdd] Health...need your advise, Please!

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 24 20:52:31 EDT 2012

Tina-
Hi! Mimi also has a cyst under her right armpit. Cysts seems to be relatively common in piggies & aren't usually a problem. If they get too big I believe they can be drained. Your vet is a little off about piggie surgeries. Isoflorane is the safest anesthetic for piggies. Is your vet an exotics vet? It is important to have a vet very knowledgeable in piggie care, esp. if surgery is needed. All surgeries carry their risks of course, but if your vet is saying most piggies don't survive surgery don't let him/her do surgery on your piggie cause that's not true. Piggies can recover well from surgeries. I have never heard of Baytril causing cysts in piggies. I do hope Hemi will be ok.
I am not a vet, just someone with many years of piggie experience.
~Jaime, Mimi & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty