[Gpdd] CARE: Ari's new baby piggies

ME me at buddies.org
Mon Oct 29 05:56:21 EDT 2012

Sandy, I think Ari is apprehensive about adding older "babies" to adult piggies ... more like teenagers/young adults ... which is a different scenario than having babies.  Still, I think in general, that young pigs can be successfully introduced to older pigs.  I've been doing it successfully for almost 20 years (I've never had any pregnant piggies, so never any real babies :( ), having 4-8 piggies in the same enclosure most of that time ... never had any problems with the newcomers not being accepted ... just a bit of chasing and some nipping (especially when excited baby runs into someone and annoys her), but most of that ends within a day or two ... though when they go into heat or get annoyed at someone, there is a bit of activity at times ... but that's just normal behavior.