[Gpdd] Health: Spooky has Arthritis

M Fug mfug at live.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 05:52:44 EDT 2012

Just to give you guys an update on my little boy, over the bank holiday he started bunny hopping with his right rear leg thinking he may have pulled it and all the vets being shut we started him on childrens liquid nurofen 0.4ml twice a day, then as per Pennys suggestion we got him some Osteocare by Tuesday he had still not improved so we took him to the vet who gave him metacam 1ml daily at this point we stopped the other medicines. Saturday no better saw a different vet who dropped dose of metacam to 0.5ml and booked him in for x-ray Monday. Monday had the x-ray it shows he has arthritis quite badly in the right rear knee and some in the left, vet has told us to keep him on metacam for another week, let him rest it, keep him all on one level and report back next week. So what we would like is if any of you guys have experience of what else we can do to help him we would love to hear. The strange thing is we could move and touch his leg for him and it doesnt seem to hurt but the x-rays clearly show problem. Thanks M

"A half read book is a half-finished love affair" David Mitchell Cloud Atlas