[Gpdd] HEALTH: correction to arthritic piggies

Ann Sadoian ann_sadoian at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 12 23:06:43 EDT 2012

hi all--
I had a question from Audrey, and realized that I had given incorrect information by mistake. I did not use an American equivalent to British Tabritis. Penny recommended Osteocare, and shared the dosage of calcium/vit D. I went to Vitamin Shoppe and did my best to find an equivalent American product. Here are the dosages for Osteocare, per Penny:
The liquid calcium that you have found is quite close to the makeup of Osteocare. Mine says 300mg Calcium/150IU Vit D so is slightly more on both counts.
The Osteocare is supposed to help paralyzed piggies regain the use of their limbs. Penny and others have had great luck with it. My Tessie did regain the use of her back legs, but it was a while after the calcium/vit D treatment. Perhaps it was related nonetheless!  You can read more about how to use Osteocare or similar product to help paralyzed piggies on the Peter Gurney site.
Hope that clears up any questions!
AnnTessie & Purdy