[Gpdd] Announcement: New Misfit Piggie

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 3 13:00:35 EDT 2013

It's with much happiness I would like to  announce the newest misfit to join our
group. His name is Winston. That is the name we gave him. His original name
is "Spark". He is two years old. He is an orange piggie with a little bit of
lilac  in his fur. He is very very scared and shy.  The story goes as this:
My youngest  sister, Jodie, works for a bank  and has moved around the different
branches and when she worked at her original Branch in Rock Island she must of
talked about her older sister's(me) crazy hobby of guinea pigs. Well this girl
remembered it and contacted Jodie to see if I would be willing to take in a pig
that wasn't wanted anymore. The girl had a friend who had a son that had this
guinea pig. Well the son didn't want to take care of the pig(Winston) and wanted
it gone. SO the mother was talking to the girl that worked at the bank and she
remembered Jodie talking of a lady that would take in unwanted pigs. So when
Jodie contacted me, I of course said yes.  I met the friend of the lady who's
son had the pig in the parking lot of a bank in East Moline. It was so funny.  I
sat waiting in this parking lot not knowing really anything about the pig. They
actually didnt even know if it was a boy or girl. Well the friend of the lady
who had the pig pulled up in a very nice mustang car. (my car is not so nice)
She preceded to tell me the pig was in the back seat. Sure enough I opened the
door and all I could see was a very scared orange pig hiding in a hut. So we
carefully transported the cage to my back seat of my car. The cage didnt have
the clips to keep it together. So we were very very careful.  She thanked me for
taking the pig.  SO off Winston and I went to came home. Well when we got home I
didnt trust taking that cage out by myself with no clips to hold it together, so
I went in and got one of my carry pig cages to carry him into the house with. I
sat in the back seat and put him in the cage.  He was so scared. Got him in the
house and then went back out and brought in the cage in pieces.  I dont think
they gave him hay as he sure doesn't understand what hay is.  They gave him the
food with all the colors and seeds in it.. so we will slowly have to switch him
over to the Oxbow that we use. He is very thin. His nails were not to bad so I
was impressed with that.  So with great happiness I would like to welcome
Winston to our hearts and home.
Jean and Andy and the many misfits