[Gpdd] BEHAVIOUR: Guinea Pigs and Grief

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 12:25:51 EDT 2013

Stephanie,

Guinea pigs absolutely can be overcome with grief at the loss of their
companion.

I usually keep my sows in groups so if one is lost, there are other friends
around but my boars are in pairs and I have seen the sadness of a bereft
boar many times.

Piggies are meant to have company so, if I were you, I would find a little
friend for Jasmine without delay. A new companion could give her a new
lease of life. She obviously wants a friend as she is trying to connect
with Mocha but some piggies, like Mocha, are OK by themselves.

Like humans, they are all different but give it a go. A bouncy new babe
could be just the thing. Or a laid back older sow who needs company. And
you will be giving a needy piggy a new and loving home too.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.