[Gpdd] SILLY: Eve making a pig of herself

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Tue Apr 23 11:57:32 EDT 2013

Good morning friends,

I wanted to share a smile I got this morning from my girl, Eve.  Ann has me
giving her 50 mg gtwice daily of vitamin C tablets.  So, to make matters
easy, I give the same to Callie.  That way, I can break 1 and they each get
half.  My problem is, being blind, I have to hold one and give half to the
one in the cage while I give the other half to the one I am holding.  That
is the only way I can be sure they each get a dose.

This morning, I was holding Eve against my chest with my left hand and
grabbed the big bottle of tablets with my rightg hand.  I was trying to
unscrew the top as I held the bottle against my chest with my right hand.
I finally got the top off and just dropped it to make things easier.  But,
by then, Eve had gotten a whiff of the tablets and was leaning nover, trying
to get to them.  The next thing I know, she has her entire headm right down
to her shoulders shoved down in the top of the bottle, happily munching
away.  The bottle is new so is full to the top and she had full access to
the tabs.  I pulled it away from her but she held onto the one she had in
her little mouth.  Munch, munch, munch!  She was a very happy piggy and I
could almost hear her saying.... "Yummmmmmm!"  LOL  Silly pig.

She seems to be feeling better and is being a very good girl about taking
her medicine.  She still doesn't like the vibrating pad but it is necessary
part of her treatment to get rid of the sludge and crystals/sludge.  She is
really doing well with the syringing and has even learned to go after the
ones with the SMZ and IV Provin.  She loves those.  One is strawberry and
one is berry flavored.  The only thing out of five different things she is
being syringed that she fights me on is the Rowatenex.  She *hates* that and
I can't much blame her.... P.U.!   At any rate, she seems to be doing well
and is not wheeking nearly as much when she pees.  She still lets out a
squawk every now and then but Ann said that is probably when shes is
releasing a large amount of sludge or crystals at one time.  She seems to
think it has been building up for some time and is going to take a while to
get it all out of her system.  I hope you are all doing well and all the
piggy babies are doing well today.

I have gotten the chance to speak with Ann 2 times on Skype while she is
traveling.  She is sure a busy, dedicated lady!  I think she is visiting
Penny some time this week, which should be a wonderful day.

Hugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie and  Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts
and memories