[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Edgeworth's Broken Tooth

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Wed Aug 7 09:07:27 EDT 2013

Hi All,

One of my piggies, Edgeworth, has broken a tooth and I'm wondering at what
point he should be going to the vet. One of his bottom teeth is really low
to the gums, the other bottom tooth is a little pointy and maybe half of
what it should be. He can still eat his veggies, hay, treats, and pellets
okay.  He's getting up there in age - he just turned 7 a couple months ago!
- and I told him to stop chewing on the cage bars trying to get to the
other piggy Benito (they don't get along) but he didn't listen, that
naughty pig pig. He's been doing his normal thing of sitting down with his
head in his foodbowl and falling asleep in the hay.

He also had a bladder infection recently but that was cleared up with some
medicine. Edgeworth is quite cheeky and I thought he would difficult about
the medicine, but he was super easy to give medicine to. I had bought a
basil plant and after giving him the medicine, I would give him a couple of
leaves of basil. Worked out really well, he got to the point of looking
forward to the medicine because that meant basil was coming!

Cheers,
Jocelyn, Edgeworth, Benito, and Gruden von Squeakycheeks